Monday, April 2, 2012

Guilty Crown

Since a few anime I've been watching recently have finished, I found myself with some time to catch up on others that I've put on the side. One such anime is Guilty Crown. The anime takes place in the future after an event called "Lost Christmas". The event causes a mass outbreak of a "cancerous" disease called the "Apocalypse Virus" and ends up changing the entire nation of Japan. The story centers around a boy, Ouma Shuu, who gets caught up in the rebellion between the new government of Japan and a rebel faction called the Undertakers.
One of the main reasons why I like this anime was because of the music that is featured in it. The main heroine, Inori Yuzuriha, is the lead singer for a group called Egoist and sings a couple of beautiful songs - "Euterpe" and "Departures" (though Departures is sung by a different person in the ending theme). These songs were written and composed by Ryo of Supercell who also created the song "My Dearest" which is the anime's opening theme.
Yuziriha Inori of the group Egoist
Anyway, the only bad thing I really have to say about this anime is just the fact that you have to get over how pathetic the main character is in the beginning. I can't really say how many times I got angry at Shuu for acting the way he does. Sure it gets better as he begins to grow, but the way he acts at times makes me just want to give up and stop watching.

Anyway, I hope to be done with this anime before the spring anime season starts. More than likely if I don't, it'll just end up on the back burner again.

No comments:

Post a Comment