Thursday, January 31, 2013

MTG: Gatecrash

This week is the official release of MTG (Magic the Gathering) Gatecrash set. This new set introduces cards for the remainder of the ten guilds that were not introduced in the Return to Ravnica set - Dimir, Boros, Simic, Gruul, and Orzhov.
This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to play in some of the pre-release tournaments and check out some of the new cards. From what I experienced, Dimir is very evil... Anyway, I got to try out several of the guilds, but I have to say, I still like playing white-black, white-red, or white-green. I also still love my angels.
One of the cards I was really excited about was Guardian of the Gateless. With the ability to block any number of creatures (and gain +1/+1 for each creature she is blocking in the process), she is a fabulous addition to my angel decks.
Another awesome card that I am excited about is the Angelic Skirmisher. Though she is quite expensive to play, she enables your creatures to gain a special ability (lifelink, vigilance, or first strike) before each combat step begins. This means before your creatures go off to battle, you can choose to gain life, not tap for attacking, or deal damage to opposing creatures before they can deal damage. Once again, a awesome addition to my army of angels.
Lastly, Aurelia is a great card too, but for this set, I think I love the previous two I mentioned a bit more. Aurelia's ability allows you to get two combat steps whenever she attacks. It's not a bad ability, but the abilities of the two above are much more useful in my opinion.

Anyway, if you're in to MTG (or you think you might like to jump in), do check out your local cards store. Though the game can get a bit complicated, it a very fun and amazing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment