Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Once again, the holiday season comes around. While it's not my favorite time of year (I really do hate the hustle and bustle of this season), it really is an important time of year.
In any case, though my year has been inexplicably bad, I do have a lot I am thankful for. First and foremost would be the people who support me. Though I have always seemed like I can get things done on my own, the truth is that I would definitely be nowhere if it weren't for the people around me. I may seem capable and confident, but that is only because there are people who believe in me and encourage me. Without them, there definitely would be no me. So, to my family and friends, I thank you so much for always being there for me.
One thing that may seem foolish to people, but nonetheless, I am thankful for anime and Japanese music. There were may times when I received support from the things I love. Not to say that the people around me didn't support me, but that the times I preferred to be alone or could not find the courage to speak out, these things helped me keep my sanity. So thanks to the wonderful people who produce the things that I enjoy.
That is a simplified list of what I am truly thankful for. My real list is quite long as I really do have much to be thankful for. In any case, happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope that you have just as much to be thankful for as I do. And with that, I'll leave with a quote from one of my favorite anime series:

"I believe happiness is measured by how many times you say thank you."
- Keiichi Morisato, Oh My Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment