Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blast of Tempest Revistied

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned an anime called Blast of Tempest (Zetsuen no Tempest in Japanese). Just recently, I was amazed at how the story plays out.Throughout the anime, several of the characters will quote lines from the Shakespearean play Hamlet. It seems to play a pivotal role in the story as each event happens, and just recently, a revelation was made to illuminate just how important Hamlet is to the story.
Some of you may be thinking if Hamlet is important to the story, why is this anime called Blast of Tempest? Well, Shakespeare also wrote a play called The Tempest which also will become a major role in the development of the story.
With episode 9, I now realize the importance of all the slow flashbacks that occurred throughout the series. While it wasn't an anime I was watching seriously before, now I do find myself looking forward to how things develop, much more than I do with BTOOOM!.

No comments:

Post a Comment