Saturday, March 30, 2013

End of Winter Anime...

With the Spring Anime Season starting up next week, the Winter one comes to a close, which includes the endings of some anime that I have been following this season. Some have ended pretty good, while others leave me hanging and hoping for more.
Zetsuen no Tempest

Zetsuen no Tempest finally ended. It was one that I have been following for a couple seasons. The story managed to wrap up all the loose ends and gave me a good feeling at the end. While I am still sad about the fate of my favorite character in the series (Aika), I am certainly glad that the series ended on the note it did. No loose ends, no cliffhangers. It gave the feeling that the story was in effect done and there was nothing more I missed.
Girls und Panzer

Girls und Panzer, while not an anime I was following this season (only episodes 11 and 12 came out this past season), finally ended as well. Like Zetsuen no Tempest, this anime ended nicely. Though there is room for more stories to tell about the girls of Ooarai Girls' Academy, I am well satisfied if this is the end on the show.
Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT

Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT ended with its 12th episode. Unlike the previous two animes, this show ended on a cliffhanging note. I am a bit peeved they chose to end the series like they did because I really want the series to continue, especially because the ending ended up having my favorite character leave. There are light novels I can read to fill me in, but I really would like to see it visually in an anime as well. I can only hope that they will animate the next bit of story soon.
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha also ended its run with its 12th episode as well. I have got to say that despite the seemingly boring concepts buried within the plot (economics and politics), I did manage to enjoy the anime. Sadly, though the story was not finished, they ended their season and are leaving it open for more development later on. Hopefully, the same with Haganai NEXT, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha will have the next part of the story animated soon.
Love Live! School Idol Project

Though I have not watched the next episode yet, Love Live! seems to be ending too. This is one show that I didn't expect to like as much as I do right now. Right now, the current story has almost moved me to tears. I can only hope that things will turn around for a happy ending if the anime does end with the next episode. Still, it will be a little sad to know that this anime has ended. The girls of Muse entertained me well and I got to say that I really would hate to see them go.

In any case, I have to say that despite being thoroughly being disappointed with Naruto and One Piece, I have really enjoyed this past anime season. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't find anything to love, but I was proven wrong. If you'd like to check out these anime, Zetsuen no Tempest, Girls und Panzer, Maoyuu Yuusha, and Love Live! are on Crunchyroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment