Monday, July 22, 2013

Highschool DxD NEW


One of the new Summer 2013 anime that I have been watching is Highschool DxD New. This anime is the second season of the Highschool DxD anime and serves as a continuation of that story.
The story of the second season once again follows the perverted reincarnated devil, Issei Hyoudo, in his quest to become a harem king. He is the servant of Rias Gremory, a devil and the club president of the Occult Research Club at his school. At the beginning of the anime, the Gremory clan is face with the existence of holy swords (to be specific the replicated swords of Excalibur).
This series features a lot of fan service (similar to season one). While the story is not bad, it does at times suffer due to the blatant amount of fan service stuffed into the anime. This is especially the case when Issei becomes so focused on using his special ability, Dress Break. Getting around such bland fan service can be a bit trying.
On a somewhat related note, I have been also watching an anime called Free! (about a high school boys' swim club). Whenever I watch that series, I feel my pride as a man drop, but Highschool DxD returns it to normal with all the fan service.

After watching season one, I am curious to learn how season two fares. Though this is the case, I do enjoy the story. With that being the case, I will definitely follow this series this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment